Small businesses are the backbone of our City Heights community. Due to social distancing measures enacted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our local businesses are needing to reduce their hours and offerings, or temporarily close their doors. This is an uncertain time for small businesses, but there is still much you can do to support our community. Here is a list of things you can do to help our City Heights businesses weather this storm:
- Order takeout or delivery from your local restaurants or bars that serve food.
- Grab a coffee to go from your favorite cafe.
- Purchase gift cards from your favorite establishments to use once things have settled down.
- Shop small businesses online if possible.
- Leave a positive google or yelp review.
- Support your favorite establishments on social media by sharing their posts, liking their posts, tagging friend in their posts, posting a picture of their business, and leaving a kind comment or a positive review.
- Be kind. Whether you are interacting with a business in person, online, or over the phone, remember that a little bit of kindness can mean a lot right now.
We will be updating our website with additional information related to the COVID-19 pandemic as it becomes available. Please check back for more small business resources and updates.